International BALTEX Secretariat (IBS)
International BALTEX Secretariat
E-mail: baltex(at)hzg.de (replace "(at)" with "@")
For details on IBS staff, click here
The International BALTEX Secretariat (IBS) as a focal support point for BALTEX is located at the Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht (until 1 November 2010: GKSS Research Centre) in Geesthacht, Germany. The BALTEX Secretariat´s tasks cover in particular:
- to support the BALTEX Science Steering Group and all Working Groups and Panels in their activities, and to provide preliminary reviews of their work,
- to maintain connections with all participating research groups and with all operational data and numerical modelling centres for BALTEX,
- to cooperate closely with the BALTEX Data Centres in order to coordinate aspects of data storage and exchange, content of data bases, and the data exchange policy within the BALTEX research community,
- to prepare for international BALTEX meetings and provide assistance for reports to the GEWEX Science Steering Group, the JSC of WCRP and other relevant international groups, and
- to inform all participants about ongoing activities which may be of relevance to their work.
Since January 2002, GKSS (now Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht, HZG) has been the only sponsor of the IBS, covering salaries for the IBS staff members, infrastructure and travel support.