How to participate in BALTEX
BALTEX is an open research network of scientists involved in environmental research in the Baltic Sea basin in all its aspects. It is meant to act as a common science, communication and data platform, with the overall goal to integrate efforts to gain a better understanding of the water, energy and matter cycles in the Baltic Sea basin in the light of climate change, and to foster the development of coupled models contributing to a regional Earth System Modelling of the Baltic Sea basin.
BALTEX research encompasses
- Regional Climate Research
- Numerical Modelling as common tool attempting to integrate these disciplines
You are invited to be part of the BALTEX community if you are active in any of these research fields in the Baltic Sea basin.
You can participate through:
1. Project proposals
You are working on or are planning to work on a project related to any of the above disciplines in the Baltic Sea basin and your project relates to one of the BALTEX Phase II objectives? Then you can submit a project description to the IBS who will send the proposal to the BSSG for approval. This warrants a high quality level.
- The quality label. Your project is part of a large international research programme with high quality standards.
- Publicity and discussion platform. A project description and details are accessible through the BALTEX web site; interested scientists can directly contact the project representatives.
- Access to BALTEX data bases. You have access to all BALTEX data bases.
We particularly encourage PhD projects to be submitted for approval as BALTEX projects. Furthermore we would like to promote an interdisciplinary network of PhD students working on BALTEX related topics in the Baltic Sea basin.
You can download a project description form here. Please complete it and send it to the IBS: baltex(at)hzg.de.
For current projects, see the project page.
Sorry, we have no funds available, so there is no money involved here.
2. BALTEX Newsletter
The BALTEX Newsletter is published twice a year. It contains scientific articles, news and information as well as announcements of meetings and events around BALTEX. You can send an article anytime to the IBS at baltex(at)hzg.de. Please follow the guidelines, available here.